Ashley Acornley (MS, RD, CSSD, LDN, AFAA Certified Personal Trainer) is a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). Ashley has worked in private practice, providing clinical and sports nutrition for over six years.
Ashley carefully scrutinizes all educational information and product recommendations provided by NextGear Nutrition. She also provides sports nutrition blog content and recipes.
Ashley earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Nutritional Sciences with a minor in Kinesiology from Penn State University in August 2008. She completed her Dietetic Internship at Meredith College in Raleigh, NC in May 2010, received her Masters of Science degree in Nutrition from Meredith College in December 2011, and became a Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) in 2017.
Ashley is currently on the Raleigh District Dietetic Association Board as a Membership Committee Co-Chair. She is also an AFAA certified personal trainer and has been motivating clients since 2007. She is very sports-minded and stays active by participating in 5Ks, triathlons, half marathons, and other competitive events.
- Undergraduate degree in Nutritional Sciences from Penn State University, with a minor in Kinesiology (movement science)
- Master of Science degree in Nutrition from Meredith College
- Registered Dietitian (RD) through the American Dietetic Association
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN) in North Carolina
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD)
- American Fitness and Aerobic Association (AFAA) Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Outpatient Registered Dietitian at Weight Loss Clinic
- AFAA Certified Personal Trainer- health club and in-home experience
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Sports Nutrition Intern
- WIC Nutritionist
- Nutrition Blogger for “Fresh From the Farm”
- American Dietetic Association
- North Carolina Dietetic Association
- Sports and Cardiovascular Wellness Nutrition DPG
- Raleigh District Dietetic Association- Membership Committee Co-Chair
- American Fitness and Aerobics Association
- Penn State Alumni Association
- American Association of Diabetes Educators